Sunday 1 June 2008

I'm back...well almost



Now I've finally stopped being a travelling bum I'm left with the reality that I need to start working. It's exciting getting settled in a new country and getting your head around a new market and culture but I'm sure my brains have turned to mush over the last 7 months. In my first interview, which was the day after landing and the first real conversation about work in a long time, I was asked my thoughts on the future of planning. Talk about in at the deep end.

It has been a difficult first week to say the least but I've stacked up on Adnews publications and it is like I've never been away. The industry in Aus are talking about many of the things being discussed before I left the UK such as the new agency model, employing interesting people, skill shortages, measurement and effectiveness etc etc etc. There are alot of surprising differences starting to emerge, some of which are good and bad but I'll blog about these shortly.

So it's back to school for me and hopefully back to this blog a bit more frequently.

No comments: