Thursday 28 June 2007

New Blood



I went to the D&AD New Blood exhibition on Monday and I have to say I was massively impressed with a lot of the work on show. Pretty much every corner of the globe was represented by some seriously talented individuals. It will hopefully turn out to be a successful scouting trip for us, but we certainly expanded our little black book of freelance illustrators and designers. One of which has a fantastic blog. Well done Anton, hire him. At the very least it is a great opportunity to see what the next generation of creatives are thinking about.

The usual suspects such as Central Saint Martins and Miami Ad School continued to wow, but it was encouraging to see Institutions from all over the UK demonstrating a diverse range of work. The only disappointment I had was the lack of digital work exhibited, although my beloved BU put in a good show on that front. Good effort.

No comments: