Thursday 29 March 2007

Even ruddy CRM guff can sound nice



I signed up to E4's newsletter the other day and this standard confirmation came through. These days I sign up to so many things I rarely bother to read emails like this, but it did catch my eye. E4's attention to detail on even the most boring part of CRM is awesome. Have a bloody good read.

'Thanks for requesting the E4 newsletter. To confirm your subscription and start getting the newsletter wedged lovingly into your inbox, please click daintily upon the link below:

http://www.channel4.com...........

Do this now! It's the only way you'll get the newsletter, you know.

If you've changed your mind, or if you didn't subscribe in the first place, or perhaps you just want us to ruddy well go away and stop hassling you, please ignore this e-mail.

The E4 Team'


Ever since Paul Feldwick's Poetry and Planning evening I've tried to pay close attention to how brands use language and I'm yet to see one that doesn't just do it so well, but also so consistently. A round of applause for E4.

No comments: