Thursday 1 February 2007

Another blog by a bloody planner!

I’ve been toying with the idea of creating a blog for some time. What has put me off? Well mainly the fact that there are so many fantastic ones out there already. Take the likes of Russell Davies and Faris Yakob. These guys are almost professional bloggers on the subject of planning. So what have I got to offer the Plannersphere? Who knows, lets see what happens.

Arguably a blog is a bit of a fashion accessory for today’s modern planner, but I could spend all day reading the thoughts and comments of the industry’s most intelligent people. As a young planner I’ve certainly learnt a lot more as a result.

This post asks whether blogging is killing planning. I personally think it is great for the community, but for the time being I’m going to use it as a personal tool -a bit of a virtual scrapbook full of things that I find interesting. If you do as well that’s great.

I see a blog as an opportunity to think about things outside of everyday planning responsibilities, may be even a kind of CV that has a more personal feel to it. At the very least it is a place where I can store all the opinions, thoughts and bits of inspiration in one place. I’d hate to imagine how many planning blogs there are on the web. Never mind, here’s another.

No comments: